Posted by Sep 12, 2016
| 0 comments
♦ ♦ ♦
Resisting a Vicious Lion
SOBER UP! Self-control! Be watchful! Vigilant! “That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:8 amplified)
Like a Lion. An imposter? A deception? Could he be mimicking the Lion of Judah?
This false lion is hungry to harm; the true Lion is hungry to Protect.
- The imposter lion will devour your soul; the real Lion preserves you with Love.
- The fake steals blessings; the other bestows Blessing.
- The false lion scatters people; the true Lion gathers.
- The fake leads you astray; the other leads you to the Truth (John 14:6).
- One will slaughter you; the Other makes you alive (Ephesians 2).
- The imposter blinds you; the Genuine gives sight (Luke 4).
- One tears apart the body; the Other restores the Body (prov 4:22; 3 John 1:2; ).
- One breaks your bones; the Other mends bones (Proverbs 3:8).
- The devourer promotes disease; the Lion of Judah takes away disease (Psalms 103:2-3).
- The false one confuses your thinking; the true One repairs your thought process (Rom/Ephesians/John).
- The imposter uses his power to oppress; the true One empowers you (2 Peter 1).
- The devourer keeps you in the domain of darkness; Lion of Judah transfers you into the Kingdom of the Living God (Col 1:13-14).
- One comes disguised as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14); Jesus is the Light.
- One came to take life; the Lion of Judah gives Life in Abundance.
Leads to Truth
PAW PRINTS are distinctly different. Recognize which lion left them.
HUMBLE yourself and RESIST the devourer.
Resist: vigorously opposing, bravely resisting, standing face-to-face against an adversary, standing your ground. With the authority and spiritual weapons granted to us we can withstand evil forces.
The Vigilance of the Embattled Spirit
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, so that He may lift you up at the appropriate time. Cast all your worries on Him, for He cares for you. Stay alert! Watch out! Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, searching for someone to devour. Stand up against him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being laid upon your brothers and sisters throughout the world. After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace—who has called you into His eternal glory in Messiah—will Himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you. All power to Him forever! Amen.
1 Peter 5:6-11 Tree of Life Version (TLV)