2015 brought many blessings to many people.
Others, however, have weathered difficulties. Often, nothing can console a heavy heart. I’ve witnessed a strong “attack of the enemy” on families, marriages, and individuals. If you fit into any of these categories, then I stand at your side, silently holding your hand, sighing out a deep prayer and breathing in a Love that never fails. Grace and mercy endures despite the circumstances.
I GIVE You all the credit, God.
– you got me out of that mess,
– and denied my opponents the pleasure
– of rubbing in their success.
ETERNAL One, my True God, I cried out to You for help;
– You mended the shattered pieces of my life.
– YOU put me together, pulling me out of the grave,
– gave me another chance at life.
SING, all you who remain faithful!
– Pour out your hearts to the Eternal One
– with praise and melodies;
– let grateful music fill the air and bless His name.
HIS wrath, you see, is fleeting,
– but His grace lasts a lifetime.
– The deepest pains may linger through the night,
– but joy greets the soul with the smile of morning.
YES, the nights of crying your eyes out WILL give way to days of laughter.
(The focus of my pleas then had to shift)
BUT when You left his side and looked the other way,
– I fell to pieces, I crumbled in fear.
– I called out to You on his behalf;
– I pleaded for Your compassion and forgiveness.
HEAR me, Eternal Lord—please help me,
– Be kind!
– Help me out of this!
– Be merciful!”
PROJECTED FOR 2016
YOU did it: You turned my deepest pains into joyful dancing;
– You changed wild lament into whirling dance
– You stripped off my dark clothing (mourning)
– and covered me with joyful light.
YOU have restored my honor.
– My heart is ready to explode,
– Erupt in new songs!
– It’s impossible to keep quiet!
ETERNAL One, my God, my Life-Giver,
– I will thank You forever!
YIELD YOUR HEART TO HIM
IT’S THE SAFEST PLACE YOU CAN BE DURING A STORM